As you all probably know by now I’ve found a balance with Slimming World and have finally found what works for me. I pretty much have what I fancy on a Friday and Saturday and am really good from Sunday-Thursday. It’s a liveable way of doing it for me and has resulted in small losses most weeks but losses that have all added up over time.
What I love about Slimming World is that even the “being good” part, i.e sticking to the plan, involves being able to still enjoy really delicious food. This is a perfect example of just that. I try not to use more than a syn or two max from Sunday-Thursday so a recipe like this at 1.5 syns per portion is right up my street.
I give you the Slimming World Big Mac. 1.5 syns for the entire thing. It’s gorgeous, has your 1/3 speed included and is totally delicious. The recipe calls for the Kraft Light Thousand Island Dressing (that’s the sauce) but if you can’t find that the Weight Watcher Thousand Island Dressing is a good substitute.
You Will Need
1 packet of extra lean steak mince (5% fat or less)
pickles (gherkins). As much as you like.
Dairlea Light Processed Cheese or similar. 4 slices (2 per person which is Healthy Extra A)
6 tablespoons of Thousand Island Dressing (3 tablespoons per person which is 1.5 syns)
1. Chop onion and add it to the pan with the mince. Fry in some Frylite and add salt and pepper.
2. Layer the serving plate with plenty of crispy iceberg lettuce.
3. When mince and onion have cooked spread the mince on top of the lettuce on the plate.
4. Add the gherkin. Tear up the slices of cheese and add the cheese pieces on top.
5. Measure out two tablespoons of thousand island dressing per person. Add it to the plate.