It’s good to be back here. I haven’t posted a toddler/child recipe in ages. My blog is a bit of a hybrid these days. A mix of parenting, lifestyle and Slimming World. But this is where it all began. I love me a good recipe and I particularly love a recipe that the little man will enjoy. He is two and a half now and these went down very well. You could use these for Baby Led Weaning or for a child or adult of any age really. They’re healthy and nutritious and take literally minutes to prepare.
I have always considered these a breakfast recipe, but today they were actually lunch. The combination of banana, oats and banana makes for a nice filling snack too. It’s versatile and good in an air tight container for 2-3 days. I have also frozen them.
I came up with this recipe by mistake. It is my usual Banana Pancake recipe but when I went to fry the pancakes I realized we had ran out of gas. Our oven happens to be electric so I poured the mixture in to a silicone muffin tin and it worked out very well. I actually think I’ll be doing it this way from now on. I could forget about them as they cooked and there was less clean up too.
You Will Need
- 50g Porridge Oats
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- handful of blueberries
- teaspoon of honey
- pinch of cinnamon
- Mash up the banana using the back of a fork
- beat the egg and add it to the mashed banana
- add the porridge, cinnamon & honey and mix together well
- Spoon the mixture in to 4-6 muffin moulds/cupcake tin (depending on how big you want them) and put a couple of blueberries in to each.
- Bake in a medium over for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.